Saturday, February 28, 2009

Testing and Belt Promotions

I had my Taekwondo testing last night. It wasn't so bad except for the fact that there were no cold waterfountains and we could not bring drinks inside the gym. So, even though my mouth was so dry that I couldn't open it much, I had to go without a drink all through testing, and when I drove back too. I think I did a good job though I got really dehydrated. I should have brought a drink for on the way back...I'm on some medicine that makes my mout VERY dry and that only worsened the experience. I wasn't too overloaded as it was just a small group of adults and the commotion didn't bother me because the instructor/judge told us exactly where to go and when. I find that sometimes I can't function without having a list of instructions for each step. My favorite part was the form because it was memorized and the steps go in order. The self-defense was a strong point for me too. The fitness was ok. Sparring however, I somehow always get paired up with people more than a foot taller than me! Everyone is supposed to find a partner and I am often the one without a partner because everyone has already decided theirs. This morning I go to belt promotions and see if I get my red belt. Wish me luck.

No comments: