Sunday, March 1, 2009

New Red Belt and Change...


I did it and I earned my red-belt. I am going to talk to my instructor about my score though, even though it was passing. I usually get 9's across the categories (perfect scores) but this time I got an 8 in my form and it took me 2 times to break each bored, one with a jump round kick and one with an upset knifehand strike. This might be due to the fact that I use the harder brown re-breakable boards instead of the blue re-breakable boards which are easier, but in class my boards fall the first time ALL the time...Perhaps it was also because I had all my gear on when I did it? It doesn't really matter...I did get my red belt.

Anyway, I am going through some issues with "change" again. Today is March 1st when I have been used to February for a month...this might seem silly but I really like to have the same things all the time. It is not as big a change though as when the time or year changes. Also, I changed belt-colors. I know this is a good thing, it is just going to take some time to get used to the bright red belt with gold stripe compared to my brown belt gold stripe.

I haven't slept all night, and when I did manage to sleep for 10-15 minutes I had weird, violent, and sad dreams. This is a major change too, coming from someone that usually dreams about what went on during the day. This time bees were coming after me (which I attribute to the ones chasing my backpack when I walked by their "trash recepticle" on campus). Then I had a dream about missing my Dad. (which I attribute to my thoughts on what to say in my black belt speech). And lastly I had a dream in which I attirbute to holding in a meltdown too long...I became destructive and was tearing things off walls, knocking things off tables, screaming...When I have a meltdown (I think of it only in my head, and do not do such actions). Other than that, I picked up a book at Barnes & Noble last night about AS and thought I'd write about it in my next post. Check back again!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Noah had a dream recently where giant wasps were chasing him!