Saturday, February 21, 2009

Special Interests...

I find in my life that my special interests change at least twice a year, but I usually go back to the same ones...Magic the Gathering TCG, WOW, leather bookmark and postcard collecting, foreign language, and the history of cetain topics like bridge architecture. Does anyone else find that their special interests change but going back to them is inevitable? When I was a kid, all I could talk about were dinosaurs...I had all their names memorized, I had the books, the movies, (especially the Land Before Times), I had kits where I could build the dinosaurs from their bones, my bedspread was dinosaurs, my curtains were dinosaurs, I had stuffed dinosaurs and plastic toy dinosaurs, I knew whether they were carnivours, herbivores, or omnivores, I even memorized some of the books I owned of them! However, when I turned 7, the X-Files TV show came on and (I know I was awfully young for that) I grew out of dinosaurs and into X-Files! I still have a gigantic footlocker full of X-Files memorabilia (so they won't get damaged). That lasted until around 4 years after the show was cancelled, so I was around 18. So, as I had a tremendous love of office supplies throughout my life, I have gone back to leather bookmarks and postcards for now. Does anyone out there have the same interests as I do? Just curious.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Noah has always been and still is so interested in trains, toilets, elevators, roads, maps, computer games and recording his own videos...and now he is very much into department stores....and looking at satellite aerial views...he now LOVES Wal*Mart where he did not like them for a long time. SO everything is Wal*Mart this and Wal*Mart that.

Oh....he also still is very much into traffic lights and any types of road signs......AND....of course designing houses and anything real estate/house related.

EVEN when a new interest comes along....his old standbys are always something he still goes back to