Thursday, February 12, 2009

College Courses and Tests


I've been doing very well on my tests in Biology and History. For Biology, I've received scores of 12o and 100 on our first two exams! I got a B+ on my History test because I missed one of the ten questions. I am very happy with these grades, but I haven't been studying much. I know this will lead to the end of my success so I have talked to an advisor on how to study more effectively. She suggested that I take notes while I am reading the chapters--I did this yesterday and found it very helpful. It not only fits my learning style, but also broke up the labor of reading so much. The other courses I am taking are a college success skills class, and speech class. Speech is kind of difficult, only in that she is strict on her grading of students' presentations. I have to do my third speech, an informative one. I chose to do the evolution of Taekwondo. First though, I need to get my topic approved, and it has to pass various tests of my professor's. Also, I have been accepted into the club Phi Theta Kappa and am going to my first meeting on Tuesday. Tuesdays and Thursdays are LONG days for me, and it is only 5:00 in the morning...So, back to sleep for 1.5 more hours!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

HEY! I am trying to instill into Noah NOW the importance of taking notes! SO we are doing that as well when we do his studies online or reading ....