Friday, February 13, 2009

Speech Topic and Stuff

Ok, yesterday I asked my teacher about my speech topic. She said that it was too persuasive, and that I should save it for my persuasive speech. Instead, she suggested that I could do my speech on Aspergers Syndrome. I think that is too much of a generalized topic...I need to narrow it down...But what should I inform the audience about Aspergers? The AS Spectrum? The history? The difficulties? Any suggestions?

I really don't want to go to school today...it is only a history lecture. I could spend that time doing history homework at home. Also, I REALLY need to pick up some food for my leopard gecko. I could use that time to get her some food from the pet store, do my history study guide, and then go out with my Aunt Kathy who is in town. Hmmm...choices choices.

Also, Monday is my grandmother's birthday as well as my cousin's. There will be a big party at my house as it is my grandmother's 80th and my cousin's 30th. I am not one for big parties. I've had bad experiences with them. When I was a kid, I'd invite everyone, and no one from the class would show up. If I was lucky, one or two came for some cake. This party is not about me though so I will put forth my best effort to celebrate their day. However, I will have a long night and will have to try and prevent a meltdown from being overstimulated!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

AS would be a cool topic for your speech too....you might talk about the difficulties you face specific to your AS...and/or how that also affects you in perhaps a school setting. I don't know...there are many aspects of AS you could cover...maybe educating the masses on the basics would be good as well and then personalize it to how it affects you on a daily basis or as far as your schooling is concerned.

LOVE the new look!