Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mid Term Exams and Sleep


I have taken my History exam and received an A, and I had taken my speech book cumulative exam and received a 106! I missed a one point question because I had difficulty understanding the question in the teacher's wording of it. I did my college success skills class midterm and turned that in as well...grade pending. The only exam I need to take is the Biology midterm and it will be taken this Tuesday. On Thursday I have to present my informative speech in front of the class. I've been attempting to practice, and I do make it within the time frame, but it is still difficult because of her grading sysytem... The parts I might have difficulty in are the "Extemporaneous Delivery Style", verbal communication, nonverbal communication, and nonverbal communication (vocal characteristics). So, that's it for my midterms.

Sleep is another issue. I have only been sleeping an average of 5 hours a night, and they are all interrupted. I'm not sure what to do about the sleeping problem...I know that I had this same problem when I was a kid. I just laid there, awake and sometimes I would get a couple more hours sleep if it was the weekend. I've always had sleep problems, but they are pretty bad now, so I hope everything will be okay. I will talk to my doctor and see if some of my meds need to be switched/reduced/increased. Back to bed for me!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

getting the 5 hours of sleep would not be a problem if they were NOT interrupted. So yes you will need to work on that. Maybe you could find something to do that totally relaxes you before bedtime.....and don't forget to make and use that worry box. You just take any container....or even just use a note pad...and before bed write down all the things bothering you......and then say good night to them and worry or think about them or pick that pad back up the next day....but know before you shut your eyes you are free from worrying or thinking about them all night and you can have a restful sleep!

I can't say too much...My sleep is pretty good now.....but I still only get about 4-5 hours...I concentrate on 5 to 5-1/2 hours and then sleep in much longer on my days off!