Sunday, March 8, 2009

Babysitting



Well, I didn't realize what I'd be in for yesterday, but it turned out to be one very LONG day. I picked up my neighbor's kidsat 10am and drove them off to an indoor playground for around 2 hours...then,we went to a nearby outside park for another few hours...then I took them inside the mall to play at that indoor playground...THEN we went and saw all the animals at the pet shop...Then I took them back home around 4pm. When I pulled up with their van and we went indside, their mother (having a very bad flu) had gone to sleep in one of the bedrooms to rest...so, I stayed with the kids and let them watch some noggin tv, fed them some spaghetti with meatballs and some bread for dipping around 5:30. The kids were very tired and the little one wanted his mom, but I was sure I should let her wake up by herself. So, at around 7:30 pm, she woke up and I got to go back to my house. I was soooo tired that I went straight to bed. I didn't wake up until a few minutes ago, and I am not sure what time it is because I remembered that the clock is supposed to Spring Forward an hour...but I don't think this computer has it set automatically...I really love spending time with the kids, but now I have an idea of what it's like to spend almost an entire day with two small children and it does take a toll on oneself.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

WOW....you did great and did so much! Sounds like a busy busy day and sometimes pretty typical for us moms out here! GOOD JOB!