Friday, April 17, 2009

frustration and upset


I have not been able to handle the pressure of final exams, term papers, speeches, projects, presentations, and the upcoming transition to different classes very well. I find I am very tired and am having meltdowns more easily. I'm just not hungry and I forget to eat when it is a mealtime. What should I do? Things that are getting worse would definitely include sensory sensitivity to light, noise and touch, communicating verbally without getting upset and having meltdowns, need for pressure--I don't know how else to explain that, mood and concentration. That is a whole lot for me. I am not sure exactly what to do. Sometimes it gets bad enough that I have to call people to help me make a list of what to do in order throughout the day.... Does anyone have suggestions or can anyone relate to these things? What do you do to make it through?

2 comments:

Melinda said...

wish I had some words of wisdom to offer you. It is difficult to find the things that work for each of us to handle stress....to cope..etc.

Sounds like you are on big overload at the moment...and I don't know what you should or could do to improve things. Maybe lighten your load a bit of you can? Get more sleep? Find time to be still and calm.....chill out. Do something you enjoy to calm down and feel good?

Hang in there!

Unknown said...

I don't have too many suggestions...have you tried essential oils? They help me during periods of stress. I'm on an anti-depressant, that seems to help with the temper issue for me. Just keep stress to a minimum if you can. I try not to take on more than I have to. Hope that helps. :)